[nfb-talk] Convention

James Aldrich jajkaldrich at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 15:16:49 UTC 2011

I agree!  I wish we had their quality of stream to justify our much better
content! I'm not suggesting a full time radio station as they have but I
think we certainly could and should do more to have a more successful
accessible quality stream!  We should have no excuse whatsoever not to hear
our convention!  Yes!  I agree this will be available in the Monitor and
that's fine!  I especially like the daisy format and I can put this in my
Victor Stream, I have no problem with this! On the other hand, this is the
21st century and being able to take advantage of so many things as they
happen is a good thing!  If nothing else, I think this would inspire many
more people to come to convention at some point!  It is almost like those
who listened to the Grand Old Oprey growing up!  They eventually want to be
there!  Yes!  the Grand Old Oprey and the NFB are two very different
entaties with their specific purposes but the concept is much the same! We
should have no excuse not to hear it!  We shouldn't be able to escape it, it
should be right there for all to hear! The contrast between the two
organizations is most amazing!  Presentations speak louder than a simple
description of a convention! I meanwhile will brush up on my ootunes,
copying and pasting and hopefully, I'll get the stream on my Iphone next
year unless I'm there..

Jim