[nfb-talk] Choosing battles

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 00:08:54 UTC 2011

Anjelina,

Yes, to me an issue is worth fighting for if failing to fight takes
us backward, or when the issue is big enough that it keeps us from
going forward.  The sub-minimum wage issue is both, and the TSA issue
is the former.  I consider both pretty important, though obviously
the sub-minimum wages are the more visible priority right now.  Most
of our effort is targeted there because it needs to be: It’s a major
issue, and the legislation in question will be passed if we don’t
step up right now.

The TSA isn’t going anywhere for awhile.  That drops them down on my
list of priorities, but I can’t just let it go because if we don’t
react o this kind of thing, we’re losing ground.

Now may not be the time to advance, but it’s never time to retreat.

Joseph