[nfb-talk] orlando attractions

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Tue Jun 28 18:35:35 UTC 2011

I have been to amusement parks with my dog guides, but then I do not go on
thrill rides. In 92 I was in Orlando for the World SF Convention, and before
the con we put up a tend in the Disney World campground.
SeaWorld had been a problem because all the exhibits are outdoors and there
is no shade whatsoever. At the end of the day we settled in an amphitheater
for a show, followed by fireworks. When they started my dog tried to climb
into the laps of the people behind me. We left the show. I am totally blind,
but went with my sighted wife and some, and they did a good describing
things.
At the end of the week we went to the Indiana Jones stage shows, and the dog
had seen so much that he ignored all the machine gun firing, exploding gas
trucks, etc.

Ed Meskys