[nfb-talk] Question on using DVR

Jim jp100 at earthlink.net
Wed May 18 21:41:25 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I know that perhaps this isn't a subject that directly deals with this list,
but this is also a list made up of blind people who always help one another
out with new things.

So, here's the deal.

I just got a great deal on phone, Internet, and TV.  The TV is with DirectTV
and part of that comes with a DVR.  With the latest technological advances,
is it possible for a totally blind person like myself to use a DVR with any
sort of ease?

I know that some can be managed via a computer, and if that's the case, how
well does something like that work with JAWS?  Does anyone know anything
about this?  What about an IPhone?  Does anyone know about that?

If this is the case, then I'll keep the DVR.  If not, then it probably
doesn't make sense to have it, does it?

Please share your thoughts either on or off list.

I apologize for the subject matter.

Jim Portillo