[nfb-talk] {Disarmed} Federal law preempts blind flyers' claims over airport kiosks

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Tue May 24 19:01:41 UTC 2011

Ryan,

I am also not a lawyer, but from what I know, California law is often more strict than federal law on some of these issues, and even if a victory were to only
apply in California, it can stil influence other cases.  If the federal law is not as strong, filing there might well be irrelevant because the law may not have
been strong enough to win on, so our best chance of winning may have been under California law.  .  Deciding how to approach something like this is
always a bit of a gamble, and if one knew ahead of time how a judge was going to rule, one could always make the right choice.  <smile>

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson