[nfb-talk] [NFB-talk] {Disarmed} Federal law preemptsblind flyers' claims over airport kiosks

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Thu May 26 15:50:35 UTC 2011

David, that’s normally how it works.

However, in this case, federal law exists saying that states may not
place additional regulation on airports.  That is, airports are
essentially subject only to Federal law.  According to the
Constitution that is a violation of state sovereignty, but we have
about 100 years of case law now that argues the constitution sets no
such limits on federal authority.

We’re not going to change this—much larger groups are trying (it’s
one of the biggest things the very loose affiliation colloquially
known as the tea party is trying to change.  Even they aren’t having
a whole lot of success—there’s an awful lot of history in how it’s
done right now.

Joseph