[nfb-talk] History of Presidential Releases

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at sprynet.com
Thu Sep 15 23:45:59 UTC 2011

Hi.  I know that there were some print presidential releases before 1975,
sent out as needed, but probably not more than 2 or 3 times a year.  The
Braille Monitor was the primary means of communication.  And I suspect that
in many places, either nobody was found to read the print, which was often a
multi-page letter, or it was summarized.  So the cassette releases were a
major improvement in communication.  I am really not sure whether Dr.
tenBroek sent out any letters of this type, but there probably were a few.
I have been an NFB member since 1965.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls