[nfb-talk] Freedom Scientific Releases NewandImproved OCRRecognition Software for JAWS and OpenBook, @ FreedomScientific News March 30 2012

Brian Miller brianrmiller88 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 19:41:49 UTC 2012

It's actually brilliantly crafted... It certainly had me going through most of the piece... I was a little skeptical when I read the hand-writing part, and then a little more skeptical when reading the posted-note on the classroom  door bit -- at first I thought, "Man, what does FS think of us blind guys that we'd be that dense?"  Then the light started to slowly come on.

Nice work, if not a little too accurate, and certainly taps into the zeitgeist in terms of what us blind guys want -- here's hoping an OpenBook app is not too far off in the future... I'll bet it don't cost no $2.95, though!