[nfb-talk] Need Compitent Blind Traveler in Raleigh, N.C.

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 12 18:45:11 UTC 2012

Dear Rose,

If you are certified under the ADA for Para-transit service, where you live, 
then you can get up to 21 days of service in another area that also has a 
fixed route bus system.  After the 21 days, you must fill out an application 
for services in that area for on going services.
Ralliy does have a fixed bus route system and therefore, must bylaw, have a 
Para-transit system also to serve people with disabilities who can not 
access and use the fixed route bus because of their disability or barriers 
in the environment that prevent them from using it.
They must live within 3/4 mile of the buses route or with in in a ADA core 
I work for our Para-transit service here in Palm Beach County Florida and 
part of my job is to act as the Consumer Advocate to help others in 
accessing the system and using the services.
If I can answer any questions, please ask.

David Evans, NFBF and GD Jack
MV Transit  Consumer Advocate Division 94
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Karen Rose" <rosekm at earthlink.net>
To: "'NFB Talk Mailing List'" <nfb-talk at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2012 11:32 AM
Subject: [nfb-talk] Need Compitent Blind Traveler in Raleigh, N.C.

> I'm visiting my senior parents in Raleigh, and would like to be helpful.
> While I'm totally mobile at home in Ca., I am told that there is no way to
> help my parents get groceries, etc., since there is no transportation in
> Raleigh.  Is there a competent blind person here who can tell me off list
> how you travel in Raleigh?  Thanks.
> Karen
> _______________________________________________
> nfb-talk mailing list
> nfb-talk at nfbnet.org
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for 
> nfb-talk:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-talk_nfbnet.org/drevans%40bellsouth.net 

More information about the nFB-Talk mailing list