[nfb-talk] Casting Director looking for blind-sighted couples

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Thu Dec 27 22:09:47 UTC 2012

Hey you all - I received this request - check it out!!

Hi

This is a bit of a random/unusual email but I'm a casting director and I'm
working on a new docu-series for a major cable network that is taking an
educational look at relationships.

We want to inform/educate the audience that non-traditional relationships
can still work and true love comes in all packages!

The show is looking for a diverse assortment of couples where one partner
lives with a challenge.  For instance, we have someone married to a
quadriplegic, a narcoleptic, etc. I'm looking for a happily married couple
where one person is blind and one person is sighted.

The show is a docu-series that wants to take an incredibly tasteful look at
how these relationships work day to day and the special struggles these
couples may go through as a result of their situation. We're not looking for
dysfunction -- we're looking for successful, loving relationships to
highlight-- people who are working it out in spite of the challenges.

There will be no host to the show, no therapy for the couples-- it's simply
them letting us peek into their lives for a few days to see how they make it
work. We're not looking for drama-- we actually aim to show the everyday
normal side to being in what others might consider an unusual
relationship...a love-conquers-all sort of story.

The pilot episode aired and was enormously successful and the network has
ordered an entire season of episodes. We're doing a nationwide search right
now looking for couples who would be willing to share their story.

I'm hoping to at least initially speak to some people THIS WEEK/weekend
before the new year.  If you could spread the word or point me in a
direction where I could successfully spread the word, please let me know.
Couples will be compensated for their participation.

Please feel free to pass this info on and direct any interested parties to
contact me directly via this email or by phone @ 818-632-1601 (my mobile-
after 9AM Pacific Coast Time).  As I said, I'd love to at least touch base
with some people today or tomorrow by phone to hear some of their stories.

Thanks so much
Janine Murphy
Casting Director
VPE Talent

Robert Leslie Newman

Personal Website-

Adjustment To Blindness And Visual impairment

http//www.thoughtprovoker.info

NFB Writers' Division, president

http://www.nfb-writers-division.net

Chair of the NFB Communications Committee