[nfb-talk] why is it important to join an organization of the blind?

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Tue Jan 17 04:12:01 UTC 2012

Also, there is power in numbers.  I was one of the folks who didn't want to
be political at all!  Well, I still don't have a job.  I still don't always
get the respect that I would hope I should recieve.  And, often, still don't
get taken seriously just because I happen to be blind.  After long
deliberation with myself and talking to folks with other organizations, I
chose the Federation.  Mostly, because we are accomplishing the most of any
of the other organizations.  If things have gotta change, then we're the
ones to do it!