[nfb-talk] mistake made in jury duty pool; would like advice

ckrugman at sbcglobal.net ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 28 06:55:32 UTC 2012

Blind people cannot be automatically excluded from a jury panel. Asking
whether or not a person can read or write the English is potentially a civil
rights violation. I would suggest you contact the Alco in your state as this
would be a case they may be interested in. Here in California weave elderly
people who can barely walk called for jury duty.
Chuck