[nfb-talk] Emergency Weather forecast available on Newsline

Brice Smith brsmith2424 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 23:16:02 UTC 2012

What is the point of this? How is this "instant" information when you
have to dial into the phone service to receive the information? To the
best of my knowledge, even the iPhone Newsline app does not have push
notifications, making any comparison to instant scrolling alerts on
television irrelevant.

The quotes in the news release are false and misleading. The blind
already have access to "instant" weather alerts, through the internet,
text messages, weather radios, etc. How is this innovative or an
instant source for critical information?

Brice