[nfb-talk] Question on what is the best screen-reader to use?

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Mon Sep 3 23:26:25 UTC 2012

I know many are enthusiastic about Systegm Access. Not I. IMO Mr. Calvo was
and is guilty of a "bait and switch" caper; the "free" version of SA gives
good access but only runs with one's browser running. The full versions of
SA definitely aren't free although I grant that the payment plans are
reasonable.

My principle gripe is that SA updates one's system rather frequently and
without permission. I realize many want a "set and forget" system. Not I. I
want to be asked *every* time whether or not I want to update my system.

Stick with NVDA. It works quite well and the price is right.

Mike