[nfb-talk] Question on what is the best screen-reader to use?

James Aldrich jajkaldrich at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 02:01:09 UTC 2012

Hello all,

The business of screen readers is a subjective choice! SA works with many speech engines including elloquence. One can easily switch between speech engines and do so more easily than the other speech programs if the desired engines are installed in your PC. My speech doesn't cost more than the PC I'm using  it on.  I use Neo speech voices of Kate, Paul and Julie. I can walk up to many XP or windows 7 machines and if they are online and the sound card works, I have speech!  Virus programs as norton might prevent speech from working. The speech goes where you need it! It doesn't stay exclusively on a pc  or cd. I often send email or forum messages in my own voice.  Anyone can try the system for free for a week without interruption! To be honest, I didn't like it at first but
I gave it a second chance and I have no regrets.  Ask FS or GW micro if you can try their programs for free for a  week! I think you know the answer!

One would be ill advised not to bring in upgrades. If something goes amiss, they are quick to fix upgrade problems and these are few and far between! One doesn't pay for upgrades ever unlike the other screen readers!

If you are open minded, give it  a try! Also do a google search for the Serotech story, download it and listen to it!

Jim
Sent from my iPhone