[nfb-talk] the Maryland Association of Blind Students presents: a seminar on Social Savvy - April 27, 2013

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 02:45:31 UTC 2013

Dear fellow Federationists:

The Maryland Association of Blind Students (MDABS,) a proud division of the
National Federation of the Blind of Maryland (NFBMD) is pleased to announce
our first Social Savvy seminar, to be held on April 27, 2013 in Chevy Chase,
Maryland. This seminar will focus on ways in which a blind student can enjoy
and benefit from social activities. We will also discuss alternative
techniques which can be used in social settings. Some topics currently on
our agenda include table ettiquet, nonvisual techniques for cooking and
going through buffet lines, party planning, dancing and much more. We will
also offer breakout sessions for the ladies and the gentlemen which will
give participants the opportunity to learn about techniques specific to
their gender as well as to discuss topics and issues. Some examples include
tie-tying and chivalry for the guys, as well as fashion and makeup for the
ladies. There will also be opportunities for participants to connect and
network with each other in a fun and supportive setting. All in all, we hope
that this seminar will help to increase your "social savvy" as a blind high
school or college student.

For all information regarding the logistics of this seminar, please see the
attached flyer. If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Lomax at
mlomax1 at umbc.edu or Chris Nusbaum at dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com. Please feel
free to spread the word to anyone who might be interested in attending. We
hope to see many of you at the seminar!

Sincerely,

The Maryland Association of Blind Students

Chris Nusbaum, Co-Chair

Public Relations Committee

Maryland Association of Blind Students: a division of the National
Federation of the Blind of Maryland

Phone: (443) 547-2409

Email: dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com

Personal Twitter: @Chrisn98

MDABS Twitter: @MDMdabs

Personal Facebook: www.facebook.com/dotkid

Join the MDABS Facebook Group: search for Maryland Association of Blind
Students

Skype: christpher.nusbaum3 or search for Chris Nusbaum

"Together, we are changing what it means to be blind." - Motto of the
Louisiana Center for the Blind