[nfb-talk] Hebrew U scientists help blind 'see 'by activatingtheir visual brain cortex

Todor Fassl fassl.tod at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 16:00:31 UTC 2013

Something doesn't make sense about this though.  How can you say you're
happy being blind unless who you are is a blind person. Vision is a very
handy thing. With vision you can catch a ball or run the high hurdles. You
can appreciate a photograph of your kids. You can fly a plane or drive a
taxi. Why wouldn't you want to be able to do those things?

If you're blind, there are a lot of things you can't do. But to me, that has
nothing more to do with who I am than does not being able to do math like
Albert Einstein or throw a football like Peyton Manning. That has nothing to
do with who I am. I'm just not a blind guy.
Would I like to be able to do math like Albert Einstein or throw a football
like Peyton Manning? Sure. Would I like to be able to see like everybody
else? You bet.