[nfb-talk] What happened?

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sat Jan 12 20:41:51 UTC 2013

Joshua,

Sometimes Email providers change things so that the address shown in the "From" field changes even though your e-mail address has not really changed.
In your case, what has been showing in the "from" field is for quite a while is

jlester8462 at students.pccua.edu

but now, the "students" part is gone.  The "from" field only contains

jlester8462 at pccua.edu

so NFBNET thinks it is coming from a different address.  I looked a little more at past messages from you, and on December 27, 2012, I found a message
from

JLester8462 at PCCUAEDU.onmicrosoft.com

so I think they are changing things within your email system.  As I said, your current message shows

JLester8462 at pccua.edu

so I have found three different addresses that get placed in the "FROM" field.  This means that sometimes you might still get messages but have
messages that you send rejected, or there could be more going on.

If you have problems again, contact your email provider and find out what they are going to stick with.  My guess is that they were moving toward using
the address that is being used now since it is simpler and is probably the address that is used to send message to you.  Keep in mind that this could all
happen without changing the address people use to send mail to you.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson