[nfb-talk] Doing more for public transportation

Antonio M. Guimaraes Jr. freethaught at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 03:42:44 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Recent discussions on another list have sparked thoughts about NFB policy regarding mass public transit.

Is there more we can do in this field? Don't we realize that there is no job if there is no way to get to work?

What policies have we implemented that would increase access to mass transit for the blind?

Granted, it is a blind person's choice to move where there is adequate transportation. But I can tell you that there is a lot of work to do even in the most accessible cities.

Antonio