[nfb-talk] OUR NEW BOOK IS FINALLY HERE

Michael Hingson Mike at michaelhingson.com
Fri Nov 29 20:25:35 UTC 2013

Whoops!  It would help if the computer would wait for me to complete the
email before sending it.  Let's try again.

Hi all,

This is to announce that advanced copies of my new book for youth, "Running
With Roselle" are finally available.  Here is what is on the web site:
"For ages 8 & up, from the author of THUNDER DOG, a #1 New York Times
Bestseller RUNNING WITH ROSELLE How a blind boy and a puppy grew up, became
best friends, and together survived on one of American's darkest days By
Michael Hingson with Jeanette Hanscome A puppy who became a true American
hero. The blind boy who let nothing stop him. When they finally grew up and
met, it was magic. On September 11, 2001, a blind man escaped the World
Trade Center by walking down 78 flights of stairs with his guide dog. Days
later, America fell in love with Mike and Roselle, and the special bond that
helped them survive. This is their story. Follow Roselle as she grows from
an energetic yellow Lab prone to stealing her puppy raiser’s slippers to a
confident guide dog who passes the ultimate test when her partner needs her
most. Meet Mike, a boy blind from birth who excels in public school, shocks
the neighbors by riding his bicycle through the streets of Palmdale, CA,
drives a car around his college campus, and uses his relationship of trust
and teamwork with Roselle to help others on a day that changed America
forever."

This book spends less time on 9-11 and more time on my growing up and living
as a blind person.  I also spend more time on Roselle's life and how she was
trained.  Again, my goal is to help teach people about blindness, now
focusing on children and youth.

Only print copies are available, and these are advanced copies that have not
yet gone through all final edits.  We have decided to put out the book at
this time to defray some of our costs and because our focus group
participants suggest that many will still want it for Christmas.  The cost
of the paperback book shipped is $12.95.

Please check out www.michaelhingson.com for more details.  Thanks.

Best,

Michael Hingson

The Michael Hingson Group, INC.
"Speaking with Vision"
Michael Hingson, President
(415) 827-4084
mike at michaelhingson.com
To order Michael Hingson's new book, Thunder Dog, and check on Michael
Hingson's speaking availability for your next event please visit:
www.michaelhingson.com

To purchase your own portrait of Roselle painted by the world's foremost
animal artist, Ron Burns, please visit http://www.ronburns.com/roselle