[nfb-talk] Three Young Blind College Women Seek To Educate The Public About Blindness On Audio Access FM Tonight

David Dunphy djdrocks4ever at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 17:22:05 UTC 2013

Hello Everybody!
With all the misconceptions that exist in the world about blindness,
there can never be enough resources out there or people out there
educating the public at large. Considering that there are sighted
people out there who still think blind people can't even eat
bythemselves, there's still quite a lot to be done.
But let's take a stroll down to the carolinas, where three vibrant
young college women are showing the world that being blind is not bad
a thing. In fact, there's a lot one can discover about blindness just
by reading their blog.
So it is tonight that we will meet The Blinkie Chicks. These women
have created a blog that they hope will be a resource to educate
people about blindness.
http://blinkiechicks.wordpress.com
But just who are these women? What are their beliefs about blindness?
Learn what they're about, and take a glimpse into what makes them
tick, as I will be interviewing The Blinkie Chicks from 7 to 8 PM
eastern time tonight as a special on Audio Access FM.
Got any questions for these fine young ladies? Send them in to
thedjdinvasion at audioaccess.fm
Make sure to listen up too, for at some point, you'll be asked a
question from the interview, and the people who can submit a correct
answer within ten minutes of the question being asked by emailing
laptop at audioaccess.fm
will have a chance to be put in the drawing for our grand prize, your
very own laptop computer, to be given away on September 17.

So check out their blog, submit a question if you'd like, then listen
in between 7 and 8 PM eastern at
http://www.audioaccess.fm/listen
as we get a glimpse into the world of the blinkie chicks!

Hope to see you all there!