[nfb-talk] FW: I Did It Again!!!

sheila sleigland at bresnan.net
Wed Apr 30 00:35:13 UTC 2014

hi mike you make important points. I know blind folks that never really
learned to spell this is just an example and so for this reason, it is
unusual for me to use spell checker. If a person only thinks in
contracted braille spelling can easily fall by the wayside. I also agree
that teaching methods aren't all that they are cracked up to be. I went
to school in the sixties and had to learn to type by the time I entered
the fourth grade so most of my class work was done in printed form so
that my sighted teaches could read it. I know it was better for me in
that respect. I know braille but it is also important to communicate in
other ways.
we also didn't have aides in class and I believe it taught me to solve
problems and become a more independent person.