[nfb-talk] odin phone

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Tue Jul 29 22:06:28 UTC 2014

At National Convention I bought the Odin Phone, written up in the May Monitor. It arrived a few days ago, and looks VERY good, with an easy to use keyboard. I charged it for a couple days, and tried to initiate it. Instructions were to hit the round, red, button, and it would ring like an old-fashioned desk telephone, which it did. Then after 15 seconds, it was supposed to start talking with further instructions. It never did.  I did this over a couple more times. Trying other buttons I occasionally got a very faint short beep.

The email which arrived just before the phone had the manual which I was following, and gave an 800 number to call if there are problems. I called it Saturday and got voice mail, which did not surprise me. They had promised to call back, but here it is Tuesday evening, and I have not yet heard from them.

Can anyone make any suggestions? Tomorrow morning I will again try calling that 800 number.

Can you suggest another list I should try asking?

Thanks, Ed Meskys