[nfb-talk] Call A Ride Problem:

Kenneth Chrane kenneth.chrane at verizon.net
Fri Jun 13 20:38:35 UTC 2014

(Date)

Daniel O'Reilly,

Director of Mobility Services

Maryland Transit Administration

4201 Patterson Avenue

Baltimore, MD 21215

Dear Mr. O'Reilly,

I am the administrative assistant for Mr. Kenneth Chrane, and Ms. Carol Siegel, located at 6839 Parson Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21207-6423.  I am writing on their behalf to ask your assistance in solving a difficult problem.  Ms. Siegel and Mr. Chrane have been using paratransit services in both the Mobility program and the former Taxi Access program for many years.  In January 2014, they came in for their recertification interview for Mobility and for the new Call-a Ride program.  They had all of the necessary paperwork and required medical information.  They received their Mobility cards at the end of January 2014, but to date has still not received the Call-a Ride cards.  Mr. Chrane, Ms. Seigel and I have contacted customer service to find out where the Call-a-Ride cards are, to no avail.

Since Mr. Chrane and Ms. Seigel have multiple disabilities, it is a great hardship not to be able to use the Call-a-Ride program.   Please look into this situation immediately, and provide the needed cards to them.   This bureaucratic delay is most unfortunate.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Kathy Corrigan

cc:           Sharon Maneki, Chairman,

Advocacy Committee

                National Federation of the Blind of Marylan