[nfb-talk] cane advice?

Mark Tardif markspark at roadrunner.com
Tue Jun 24 18:32:03 UTC 2014

Tom,

I personally like these telescoping canes because they are so easy for
storage and they are very light.  However, it is true that mine also tends
to want to collapse rather easily.  I found that I can pull them very
tightly without fear of the bottom joint coming out, and that often seems to
do the trick.  It's a great cane to use for a short distance, such as
walking around my building or from here to the local convenience store.  My
concern would be crossing a busy street and having the cane start to
collapse while crossing.  Not good.  Therefore, I also have a back-up
straight cane for that kind of travel.

Mark Tardif
Nuclear arms will not hold you.