[nfb-talk] Questions About Spotify and Beats...

Kerri Kosten kerrik2006 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 15:53:29 UTC 2015

Hey Everyone:

For years and years now, I have happily and contentedly purchased
music from ITunes, and played it on my phone or PC and also had it
stored in the cloud with I-Cloud.
I like to keep up with new technology and trends though, (it makes me
feel younger to do this) and these streaming services such as Spotify
and Beats seem to be the new way to go.
I was wondering which everyone prefers: Spotify or Beats.
What are the differences/advantages/disadvantages between the two services?
I have looked at both.
I'm still on the fence about paying $10 a month just to stream music.
However, with Beats you can pay per year. I wouldn't mind the idea of
paying per year and streaming.
Does Beats provide off-line listening for if I were on a plane or something?
Do they provide playlists like Spotify does?
With spotify, can you pay per year or just monthly?
And, last but not least, the biggest thing I feel that keeps me from
paying for either of these services is they both seem to be
inaccessible on the PC.
I have signed up for free trials with both of them (my spotify one has
since run out) and I was kind of hoping since Beats is from Apple they
would be fully accessible but it seems both on the Iphone app and on
the PC Beats is inaccessible.
With spotify it seems the app is accessible but not on the PC.
For those of you who use these services, what do you do when you want
to listen to your music on the PC?
A lot of times I want to listen to music on my PC rather than my phone.
Should I hold off on paying for either of these services until they
become fully accessible on both the app and the PC?
Thanks,
Kerri