[nfb-talk] Batman

JohnC. Scott jcscot at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 1 03:38:36 UTC 2015

	Hello everybody,

This post inspired me to take time and write  a comment.  I too listen twice
to the  Invisivilia broadcast on NPR.  It was truly inspirational. Frankly,
I had never heard of Mr. Kish.  I had heard of what I now recognize to be
called echo location, but I had no idea of the parameters of it established
by Dan Kish.

On the other hand, I was enthralled by the dominate message principally
being advanced by him in my estimation.    This was the inculcated societal
mores of "low expectations".  This we all know is imbedded in the psyche of
too many of us in the "world of the blind".  Indeed, I was motivated by the
broadcast to introspect and see myself under the bright lights of Honesty
and Truth.  So even though the value of it shall somewhat be limited mostly
to me, I intend to write the final installment of "Blinky".   Those in the
Michigan Affiliate know about the short unfinished serial I wrote.  I have
chosen this public forum to announce it, because I have allowed all matter
of things to enable me to procrastinate and avoid looking at  myself.   I
believe such an expose' or analysis in an open letter format may possibly
liberate me from some psychic constraints and possibly could benefit others.
Suffice it to say, I believe there is at least one person, who has much to
do in facing questionable and dismaying attitudes about "Blindness".   Even
though I have been considered a success story, I still engage in mental and
emotional self flagellations for failing to do more and for not really
accepting blindness as a natural condition found in life.  Too often I say
to myself, I would have done more, but for blindness.  Perhaps I shall find
peace with myself.

Shalom,,

John C. Scott