[nfb-talk] Facebook

Mark Tardif markspark at roadrunner.com
Mon Jun 6 21:03:11 UTC 2016

Hi, fellow Federationists,

To make a long story short, I agreed to have my picture taken for Facebook as part of a cause I am involved with here in Maine.  That kind of inspired me to try to subscribe to Facebook.  I have done so and have had several friend requests.  But I am very new at this.  I was with a sighted friend this afternoon and we were both getting frustrated because it wasn’t doing what it was supposed to do.  Things kept getting deselected, for example.  How do we do things like post to friends and look for other people we may want to “friend?”  How well does JAWS work with Facebook?  I have Windows 7 and JAWS 12.  Is there a tutorial one can find on-line to help novices?  Is there a book on BARD or available in accessible format anyone can recommend?  Do I have to do anything with cookies to make this work more effectively?  These are not urgent questions, but since everyone seems to use Facebook, I figured I would give it a try.  Thank you for any suggestions you may have.
Mark Tardif
Nuclear arms will not hold you.