[nfb-talk] Possible Future plans

Gerardo Corripio gera1027 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 13:50:19 UTC 2016

  Hi guys
The topic of me moving to the US (my Dad and I got to talking of my
future last night, something I cant talk with my Mom unfortunately) came
up again, and he left me for homework to begin investigating;
fortunately or unfortunately I'm of those who begins to see things kind
of hard and gives up! anyway My goals of working over there are, taking
advantages of my Psychological knowledge, and apply that to blindness
technology (performing tech evaluations, writing up reports recommending
this or that piece of equipment for such person depending on their
abilities, psychological profile etc); maybe going and teaching the use
of the recommended technology to the person who got it etc. Is this a
crazy idea? does such job field exist over there? What is required to
study for such a job, and how long is the course of study? And where is
the best place to work in such a field? Small cities, large ones? My
moving options until now are Brownsville/McAllen (the Rio Grande Valley)
San Antonio/Austin or houston. is it true that one can use Taxis called
Paratransit that charge a bit less for ride, and where is it more common
to have such Taxi service? Small cities, large ones? Apartments and such
are their living facilities for the blind or some sort of arrangement,
not to be frowned upon or be treated like kids, but to start getting
used to living on my own? My dad says that he'd sale everything and at
least while I get things straightened out, be with me for a time; then
spacing out the visits etc. Lots of questions I know, but well let's
hope things this time do get going! Several months back I posted this
topic, but for X or Y things kind of got on StandBy, but taking my Dad's
word this time, I'm kind of getting excited/nervous! So thanks for ideas!

--
Enviado desde mi lap