[nfb-talk] Fwd: NY Times: Feeling my way into blindness

Walter Mitchell walterl.mitch2 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 23:30:22 UTC 2016

Hello Listers,

This article in my opinion was written by someone that require a healthy
dose of NFB!

When I first lost my sight, I felt similar, I didn't want to live because of
the loss of my sight, but just when I thought that all was lost, I ran into
the NFB. They taught me that blindness is a physical nuisance and not the
end of my life. I began to raise my expectations and realized that I can and
is now living the life that I want.

I agree with some of the other listers, that maybe some should send in
articles that counter this article, but most  of all the writer need to
encounter the life changing aspects of the wonderful NFB!

By raising my expectations, I resumed my activities as a musician, extended
my career goals by becoming a business owner and I became a proud member of
the Ohio affiliate of the National Federation of the Blind.

Blind love is the answer, presently , and for our future!

Much Love,
Walter Mitchell
Member, NFB Ohio, Cincinnati chapter, Diabetes Action Network Ohio
Co-ordinator, NFB News Line Ohio
 (513) 582-8606 Mobil
(800) 340-8211 ext. 101  L2T Products and Services Toll free
Walterl.mitch2 at gmail.com Email

Follow the NFB of Ohio on:

Face Book, https://m.facebook.com/ohiosblind

Cincinnati Chapter: