[nfb-talk] NFB beginnings

adrijana prokopenko adrijana.prokopenko at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 09:19:04 UTC 2017

 Hi all,

 Wondering if anyone here has ever been in contact with the NFB
founders or anyone else who was greatly involved since the
Federation's beginnings and how it all started? I found the basics on
the NFB site, but I am getting to wonder what things were like then
for the blind on a daily basis, how it was that they could meet and
hold meetings and make arrangements of all kinds at that time when
orientation and mobility and other blindness skills were not much
known or taught to the blind. I am sure that the founders and others
who were involved have already proved themselves and their abilities,
but I guess it is always nice to hear stories of all kinds that may
lead someone somewhere. Not everywhere in the world the blind have
equal opportunities and I hope it would be of help to some of us.