[nfb-talk] NFB blind empowerment

adrijana prokopenko adrijana.prokopenko at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 07:37:35 UTC 2017

Hi all,

 I put out the message below on another list and putting it here as
well, because I feel that the NFB philosophy is also encouraging this
and maybe someone would want to respond sharing their experiences.

 There are lots of great blind people doing great things around the
world and in their communities. To do this, we have to overcome great
struggles and challenges and if we are lucky enough and seek support
from others, we may be able to get it and even if not, many blind
people  get their enthusiasm from within. I am 38 years old and from
being blind all my life, I have learned that the only thing that would
keep us stronger is if we keep holding  to all that is great out there
that gives us the drive to keep going forward. Different people can
tell us different things, different organizations have different
expectations of ourselves, but the real integration and inclusion
starts when we get to feel included in whatever it is that others are
doing and getting to feel that we are being treated equally in every
sense of the word. What do you think?