[nfb-talk] NFB beginnings

Mark Tardif markspark at roadrunner.com
Wed Aug 9 22:43:10 UTC 2017

Even in parts of this country those can be issues.  For example, I live in a
geographically large fairly rural and most of the blind people live in more
concentrated areas in the southern part of the state.  I live in the
hinterlands up north, nice area but not an easy area to meet more blind
folks because of transportation issues.  One way we handle this problem is
to have what we refer to as conference phone calls.  These calls involve
calling a conference number and having a number of people talking to each
other in the same call.  That has become easier to do now because many of us
in this country now have unlimited long-distance plans which allow us to
call anywhere in the continental United States without being charged extra.
Of course it's better to meet in person, but this does help quite a bit in
allowing us to have regular meetings.

Mark Tardif
Nuclear arms will not hold you.