[nfb-talk] Google Home was: Inquiring about the Amazon Echo

Aleeha Dudley blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 01:17:04 UTC 2017

Hello,
I wanted to address the question of the Google Home in a separate thread so that it didn’t get lost among the Echo messages. Both the large Google Home and the Google Home Mini can be set up accessibly using the Google Home app for iOS and Android. I will note one thing that confused me somewhat: When you are training your voice model, the phrases it is looking for are: “Hey Google” and “OK Google.” My brain didn’t add this together, but Google wrote the text in such a way as to prevent VoiceOver or Talkback from intruding on your voice model if you are not using headphones on your device. I quite like this way of doing things, but was slightly confused at first.
I hope this helps,
Aleeha