[nfb-talk] Finding an assistant

Stacie Hardy - NFBHOU shardy at nfbtx.org
Tue Feb 28 22:50:14 UTC 2017

Hello Tony,

No need to apologize, that's what this list is all about. You might
consider putting up an add at the university or community college if you
have one near you. It might not be a bad idea to contact the
Disabilities Office at one of these places to see if they might be able
to provide you with a list of people whom they know as readers. College
kids are always looking to make a little extra money. As for trusting
this individual with personal information such as your SSN, I'd
recommend you getting to know the said individual before allowing them
to have access this kind of info. Some might call me paranoid, but I'd
probably even go as far as paying for a criminal background check. In
this day and time, one can't be too careful. Good luck and please keep
us posted.

Stacie Hardy <shardy at nfbtx.org>
President: NFB of Texas Houston Chapter
Voice and Text: (346) 704-0190 or (832) 779-7477

"A question never asked is an answer never known"
"Live the life you want!"