[nfb-talk] Why So Many Insurers Are Leaving Obamacare

Jack Heim john at johnheim.com
Tue Jun 27 15:09:20 UTC 2017

Whoa! "If the Affordable Care Act was so good, so many people would not
be discontented". That isnot true.  Even after the 2016 election, 35% of
people didn't even know that Obamacare and the Affordible Care Act are
the same thing. Republicans have been exaggerating the problems with the
Affordible Care Act since day one and plenty of people, like our own
Loren, have bought it hook line and sinker.

Again, the basic idea behind the ACA is really, really good, that the
government should set up a level playhing surface for health care
providers to compete on, providing subsidies where necessary, so people
can buy their own health insurance. In fact, it was Republicans who
originally came up with this idea.

I already posted a link to an article where Senator Ron Johnson of
Wisconsin explains his reasoning for being against the ACA. He has a
daughter who as an infant had a serious heart condition. Somehow in his
mind that translates to being against a regulation that requires
insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions. Again, I don't
even want to try to explain that. It's something about the free market.
But I'll provide the link again below.

But that is what this debate is about. If you believe that the federal
government has a place in trying to solve a problem like getting
everybody in this country health care, then you're on one side. If you
think it should be left to the free market, then you're on the other.
Republicans don't want the federal government spending money and writing
regulations to get everybody health care. Democrats do. It's pretty much
that simple.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/sen-johnson-health-care-freedom-saved-my-daughter-s-life-obamacare-will-lead-rationing