[nfb-talk] Filling forms and stubborn receptionists

kaye zimpher kaye.j.zimpher at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 04:01:34 UTC 2017

I have had many situations where a receptionist will give me a form and when
I say that I will need assistance, they say "Isn't there someone with you?"
or Just take it with you and get help when you get home. When I politely, or
sometimes, not so politely advise them that there is not such a person, and
that when I get home there will not be a person there, they usually relent
because after all, they need the info and want my money.
The one thing that I hate, but truly don't understand, is when I go in to a
doctor's office, it seems to happen most often there, and the receptionist
says "Is someone with you?" There is usually not a soul standing at the
counter but me, and they saw me walk in alone, so I usually pause a second,
then look left, then right, and say Well, no, I didn't notice anyone come in
with me, do you see someone?
Some laugh, others don't, but the point gets made.