[nfb-talk] need advocacy suggestions for something technical

Jamie Prater jdprater at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 13 18:45:10 UTC 2018

Hi, all, my dish network hopper has recently required the youtube app, and
people who use screen magnification and/or text to speech can''t access
youtube on their tv/hopper receiver.  I have spoken with dish many times and
they say they have no control over this, as it is a third party app.
Pandora works and there are many accessible features and description when
available, but no access to youtube.  I sent one email to youtube but would
love for others to help me by sending emails saying we want equal access to
youtube.  It may very well work with closed captioning but not text to
speech or screen magnification.  I feel that this is a disservice and would
love for others to help me be a squeaky that dish and youtube can't readily
and easily and conveniently forget.  I am open to any other suggestions for
advocacy.  I am not a member of any structured organization as my town and
county doesn't have active chapters for any of the organizations.  Thanks in
advance and have a blessed day.