[nfb-talk] Delta's New Service Animal Policy

John Heim john at johnheim.com
Tue Jan 23 21:51:59 UTC 2018

I am wondering if the NFB is going to help fight this new policy on
Delta Airlines with respect to service animals.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/19/business/delta-airlines-service-animals.html

You have to upload documentation of vaccinations 48 hours in advance?
What if you're flying somewhere at the last minute? What if you're
forced to change planes? Besides, it's discrimination. That guide dog is
part of me. I shouldn't have to prove he is vaccinated any more than
anyone else has to prove they have gotten their flu shot. I am kind of
surprised that Delta even has the legal right to make rules like this.
This is not my understanding of my rights under the Air Carrier Access Act.

What I am really worried about is blind people showing up at a Delta
gate, not knowing or caring about Delta's policy, and being denied
access. You could get off a flight on another airline having no idea
Delta was any different and not be allowed to make your connecting flight.

John Heim, john at johnheim.com
"In my position, it is somewhat important that I not say any foolish
things."
  -- Abraham Lincoln