[nfb-talk] Fwd: "Mandalay Bay owner sues Las Vegas shooting victims to avoid liabili...

Jack Heim john at johnheim.com
Wed Jul 25 15:29:12 UTC 2018

 From https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/17/us/mgm-resorts-sues-victims.html
In a statement, an MGM spokeswoman, Debra DeShong, said that the company
filed the lawsuits and sought to move litigation over the shooting from
state to federal court because doing so “provides those affected with
the opportunity for a timely resolution. Years of drawn-out litigation
and hearings are not in the best interest of victims, the community and
those still healing.”

So I wouldn't worry about it. MGM is only trying to *help* the victims
by suing them.

Seriously, though, I wonder how corporations find people willing to say
stuff like that as part of their job. I would be like, "I am not saying
that. You can fire me, I am not saying it."