[nfb-talk] VFO, Owner of JAWSR Screen Reader, First to Implement Aira Access for Products

Michael Hingson mike at michaelhingson.com
Wed Jun 27 20:06:33 UTC 2018

Today, VFO and Aira announced a new collaboration that will now equip all
VFO customers with free use of the Aira service should they need visual
access to a screen while using one of their products, such as the JAWSR
Screen Reader. This new integration was driven by community data, with the
goal of providing access to any information on a computer screen the
specialized software may not able to interpret, while simultaneously
increasing the user's efficiency and prioritizing the features driven by the
data. The integration will also help Chloe, Aira's AI agent, to learn the
gaps in the software powered by its trained human agents.

"We are thrilled to partner with VFO, an organization best-known for
developing today's most widely-used screen reader. Through our newly
combined platform, we can now offer more powerful ways to access all
information - both physical and digital," said Greg Stilson, Director of
Product Management of Aira. "By using our Aira Access
<http://aira.io/access>  Networks, any VFO customer can tap a button and
instantly connect with a highly-trained Aira agent, ready to resolve the
task at hand."

"There has been so much excitement around Aira already, and for our
customers to benefit from this partnership and take advantage of assistance
like this while on their computer or working with our hardware, is
fantastic," said Eric Damery, Vice President of Software Product Management.
" Working with Aira on this project  is a great fit, and naturally coincides
with our goal of providing excellent support to our customers".

How do customers use it?

Any VFO product user can download and launch the Aira app to connect with an
Aira agent. Just go to the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store, search
for Aira by Aira Tech Corp, download the app and sign up as a guest at
aira.io/app <http://link.aira.io/app>

For more information, please contact Kevin Phelan of Aira at kevin at aira.io
<mailto:kevin at aira.io>

Share the News

Share the announcement with your friends and family by forwarding this
message or sharing on Twitter or Facebook.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/airaio/status/1011986330312560641
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aira.io/posts/2119205971648413

About Aira

Aira is AI + AR for the blind. Aira combines the power of Artificial
Intelligence and Augmented Reality with wearable technologies, plus the
interaction of its network of trained remote human assistants, to provide
the 300 million blind and low vision people around the globe immediate
access to information and assistance. Aira's technology not only greatly
enhances independence and mobility for those with vision loss, but also
forms the basis of its endeavor to create smart cities that are accessible
for all. Learn more at aira.io. <https://aira.io/>

About VFOT

VFO is a leading global accessibility solutions provider. The VFO brands,
Freedom Scientific, Optelec, Ai Squared and The Paciello Group, have a long
history of developing and providing innovative assistive technology
solutions. VFO has offices in St. Petersburg, Florida, the Netherlands,
Switzerland, Belgium, Canada, Germany, and the United Kingdom, and is
available through multi-tier distribution in more than 70 countries
worldwide.

Freedom ScientificR and JAWSR are registered trademarks in the United States
and/or other countries. The names of actual companies and products mentioned
herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. _._,_._,_