[nfb-talk] How Would Trump's Food Stamp Cuts Hurt Americans? Let Us Count the Ways - Modern Farmer

Reyazuddin, Yasmin Yasmin.Reyazuddin at montgomerycountymd.gov
Mon Sep 17 12:51:01 UTC 2018

Hi All,
The cuts to the SNAP benefits are real and they impact all populations. People with disabilities are among the group. The work requirements are also here. The work requirements were placed in the law in 1996, but with a delay of 20 years.
I 2016, the roles were finalized and implemented.
For a person with disability he/she can get a medical exemption. The work requirements are for people who are Able body adults without dependents.
I know these things as I have to answer such questions.
At the same time, many people benefits are reduced as they are earning more than under the income guidelines.
Some people at the same time do not report their income, Also, there are those who travel all over the globe and claim they have no income.

Yasmin Reyazuddin, Customer Service Representative II
MC311 Customer Service Center
Office of Public Information
1401 Rockville Pike., Suite #300
Rockville, MD 20852