[nfb-talk] Should we just shut the whole thing down?

Beth Wright beth.wright at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 30 20:18:48 UTC 2018

Hi, folks.

I read the Monitor article about our Aer strike, and it just made me furious.  Over the years, we in the Federation, both at the state and national level, have put a lot of effort and energy into seeing that those people in AER kept their jobs.  And what do we get by way of appreciation? They turn around and spit in our faces.  The arrogance and condescension shown by that official is inexcusable. The problem is, it isn’t the rehab folks.  How about NLS?  I knocked myself out, along with many other Federationists, to help secure funding for the transition to digital talking books.  When that woman that runs the program now showed up to speak at our convention, she acted as if she was doing us a favor by managing to squeeze us in between her power lunches and meetings with members of Congress.  What’s more, she kept making a point of reminding us, all in the name of “fairness” and professionalism, that we weren’t the only blindness organization around.  I think it’s time we did a little squeezing of our own, until it hurts.  I’m not going to make any more emails or phone calls to help fund agencies for the blind until I notice a change in attitude.  Just had to get this off my chest.

Beth

Sent from Mail for Windows 10