[nfb-talk] Original Kurzweil Reading Machine Wanted

Michael Bullis bullis.michael at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 01:01:40 UTC 2019

Hello Colleagues:

Just outside Baltimore is a computer museum.  The creator and curator of the
museum very much wants an original Kurzweil Reading Machine for display.
The Kurzweil Reading Machine was the beginning of print scanning technology,
now used by most of the world's population

Many machines were purchased by State libraries for the Blind and
universities, as well as some individuals, so, I'm reaching out to the NFB
network to see if we can find one.

It would be preferable if the machine still works but we can possibly fix a
nonworking model if you can find it.

Please contact me at my email address if you know of one, or can give me a
lead on one.

Thanks very much.  This is an opportunity for us to display an example of
blindness technology that changed the world for everyone.

My email is bullis.michael at gmail.com <mailto:bullis.michael at gmail.com>