[nfb-talk] Amazon Smile

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 19 04:56:38 UTC 2019

The National Federation of the Blind of Washington also participates in AmazonSmile. It has not proven to be a productive fundraiser. The donation percentage is 0.5%. This means that, in order for us to receive $50 from AmazonSmile, people must order $10,000 of products from Amazon. They must use the AmazonSmile portal. Orders made from Amazon.com or from the mobile site do not generate donations. Also, products being ordered must have a notation saying that the product is eligible for AmazonSmile donations. A lot of people believe that if they order through the mobile site or from Amazon.com, and the product they’re ordering says it is eligible for AmazonSmile donations, that means their affiliate will receive the donation. This,  however, is not true.

I have CCed Patti Chang here because she has also done research into this for the NFB.

Marci Carpenter, President
National Federation of the Blind of Washington

Sent from Marci's iPhone