[NFB-Talk] Puppy Training without sight

Michael Bullis bullis.michael at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 12:41:33 UTC 2019

Hello Fellow Federationists:

I have the pleasure of owning a new ten week old schnauzer puppy.

Well, at least I think so.

I'm looking for those of you who have raised puppies who are blind to give
me some tips on house training and perhaps other training when you're not
able to see what the puppy is doing.

I have worked with dog-guides and adult dogs but puppies are different.
This puppy isn't old enough yet to easily keep my hand on her rump to know
when she squats and does, without notice, relieve herself.

So far my only solution is to take her out very often.

Thoughts and advice are welcome.

Thanks.