[NFB-Talk] NAGDU is inviting you to a special town hall meeting to answer questions about the Department of Transportation Final Regulations on Traveling by Air with Service Animals

Raul A. Gallegos (NFB) rgallegos at nagdu.org
Tue Dec 8 23:45:45 UTC 2020

The National Association of Guide Dog Users is inviting you to a
special town hall meeting, which will be held this Thursday, December
10 at 8 PM Eastern time. The meeting will last for one hour and the
meeting will be recorded. The purpose of this meeting is to answer
your questions about the new ruling that the Department of
Transportation has published regarding air travel with service animals.

The link to the announcement and the PDF is here:
https://www.transportation.gov/individuals/aviation-consumer-protection/final-rule-traveling-air-service-animals

The direct-download of the PDF is here:
https://www.transportation.gov/sites/dot.gov/files/2020-12/Final%20Service%20Animal%20Rule.pdf

When joining, there are a few things to keep in mind.
1. Since these are final rules, they will go into effect thirty days
after the announcement.
2. We will answer questions to the best of our abilities, and we will
obtain clarification from the DOT as needed.
3. It might be best to come with prepared questions, but also know
that someone else might ask the question before you do. In order to
try and keep the meeting moving, we will answer one question from one
person, then move onto another person to give them a chance.
4. You are free to email questions ahead of time so we can compile a
list prior to the meeting. Questions can be emailed to
board at nagdu.org with the word, question, in the subject.

The meeting connection information follows;
Topic: NAGDU TownHall Meeting
Time: Dec 10, 2020 08:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87528839249

Meeting ID: 875 2883 9249

One tap mobile
+13462487799,,87528839249# US (Houston)
+16699006833,,87528839249# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location
         +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
         +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
         +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
         +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
Meeting ID: 875 2883 9249
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kemzLGuk2y

--
Raul A. Gallegos
President: National Association of Guide Dog Users
832.554.7285  |  RGallegos at nagdu.org
rgallegos at nagdu.org

"Blindness is a characteristic, not a handicap." -- Dr. Kenneth Jernigan