[NFB-Talk] Upcoming events from the National Association of Guide Dog Users

Raul A. Gallegos (NFB) rgallegos at nagdu.org
Sat Dec 19 17:45:09 UTC 2020

Hello everyone from the National Association of Guide Dog Users. Please
feel free to share this on other lists wherever appropriate.

The end of the year is always full of many things to do, especially for
those who celebrate holidays and / or other special days. For example,
not only do I celebrate Christmas and New Year, but two of my three kids
have birthdays in December. However, this message is not about me
personally. Instead, it is about what the National Association of Guide
Dog Users is doing.

First, we are still hoping to get the NAGDU app back in the App Store
and back in the Google Play store. If you currently have this app
installed on your device, it is fine, but it is currently not available
for download from the app stores. We are still trying to fix this.

Second, although we normally hold the informal gathering, Yappy Hour,
every two weeks, we are taking a break for the rest of the year. The
next Yappy hour will be held on Saturday, January 9, 2021 at 3 PM
Eastern time. There will also be a new Zoom ID and link for Yappy Hour
going forward. This has been updated in the NAGDU public calendar.

Third, our new project, Guide Dog Matters, which is normally held on the
third Sunday of the month is also taking a break for the rest of the
year. The next session will take place on January 17, 2021 at 3 PM
Eastern time. The topic will be First-Aid For Our Guide Dogs. Please
stay tuned for future announcements about this, including the Zoom link.
You will also find the information on the NAGDU public calendar.

Last, the NAGDU board of directors usually meets on the last Sunday of
the month. Although we aren't exactly idle, we are taking a break from
meetings. Since our last meeting was on November 22, we decided to meet
again on January 24, 2021 at 8 PM Eastern time. Going forward, most of
the meetings in 2021 will be on the last Sunday of the month. For those
months where this is not the case, the NAGDU calendar will have the
updated information.

You will find that I have mentioned the NAGDU calendar a lot in this
announcement. In case you are not already subscribed, I will share the
iCal link at the end of this announcement. I personally find this to be
a great resource because it will automatically update when there are
changes to any of the events in the calendar. You will also find that
other meetings of interest to guide dog users are also listed here.

As always, if you have any questions about the national Association of
Guide Dog Users, or if you would like to obtain information using an an
unbiased resource, please do not hesitate to contact me at
rgallegos at nagdu.org or president at nagdu.org. You can also reach the NAGDU
board of directors by emailing board at nagdu.org.

Now, as promised, here is the NAGDU calendar subscription link.
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/nagdu.org_7eopjofhnd4968m46rcmgrck0s%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

--
Raul A. Gallegos
President: National Association of Guide Dog Users
832.554.7285  |  RGallegos at nagdu.org

"Blindness is a characteristic, not a handicap." -- Dr. Kenneth Jernigan