[NFB-Talk] civil disobedience question

Jack Heim john at johnheim.com
Mon Jan 13 19:54:35 UTC 2020

Just to be clear, I didn't say the NFB opposed the ADA. But I don't
think the NFB ever endorsed the ADA when it was originally in Congress
in 1990 either. I can provide a link to a Braille Monitor article where
Dr. Jernigan explains his opposition. But I can find no evidence that
the NFB ever changed its position and supported the ADA. Here's that link:

https://www.nfb.org/sites/www.nfb.org/files/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm90/brlm9002.htm

Obviously, I'd be very interested in evidence that I am mistaken. If the
NFB ever changed its position, I don't think it was ever stated in the
Braille Monitor.