[NFB-Talk] Creating a New Folder in Windows 10

Raul A. Gallegos (NFB) rgallegos at nagdu.org
Tue Jan 28 15:48:12 UTC 2020

Hello and my apologies for coming in late. In addition to the wonderful suggestions already given, here is another way. If you are already inside a File Explorer folder or window, simply press ALT+2 and a new folder will be created. As soon as you press this hot key, type the name of the folder and press enter. Please note that this hot key only works with Windows 8 and newer. Last, if you are in the File Explore already, and if nothing is selected, press Shift+f10 for the context menu, then arrow down to new and press enter, the first option will be folder. From this New sub menu, you can create all sorts of things like folders, Word files, Text files, ETC. In any case, choose folder by pressing enter and then type the name of the folder, followed by enter and your new folder will be created. This method works with all versions of Windows. This last method is not the fastest, but it also gives you so much more options than just a folder. I hope all these help.

Raul A. Gallegos
Vice President: National Association of Guide Dog Users
Vice President: National Federation of the Blind Houston Chapter

rgallegos at nagdu.org  -  (832) 554-7285

"Blindness is a characteristic, not a handicap." - Kenneth Jernigan